Kyle Busch Motorsports Facility
It's typically called a "shop," but in the case of Kyle Busch Motorsports, its shop is a 77,000-square-foot corporate headquarters, equipped to handle race preparation for its fleet of Toyota Camry's and Tundras as well as executive meetings and gatherings for its array of partners.
It's also a cornerstone of green initiatives, filled with enough cutting-edge technologies to put it on the path to LEED certification - an unprecedented step in motorsports facilities, be it in NASCAR, IndyCar or Formula 1.
Here are a few of its highlights...
- GEOTHERMAL HEATING & COOLING: the moderate temperature of the ground heats and cools the building, creating greater efficiency and reduced energy use compared to standard heat pumps.
- COCOON INSULATION: cellulose insulation, made of 85% paperfiber from recycled newspapers and paper products, helps reduce energy use by up to 26%.
- SOLAR CONTROL GLASS: reduced heat loss and solar gain increases thermal efficiency and reduces energy costs.
- TOILETS: Toto Flushometer ADA Toilets use only 1.28 gallons per flush (GPF) compared to standard flush rate of 1.6 GPF.
- FLOORING: porcelain tile in retail shop and public display areas made of 22.5% pre-consumer recycled content, and modular carpet tile used in office areas is 100% recyclable and made of 38% pre-consumer recycled content.